Startup/Wide Range Detectors (SRNM/WRNM)
GE designed its Reuter Stokes wide range detector (WRNM) to perform the functions of both the source range monitor (SRM) and the intermediate range monitor (IRM) during reactor startup. Our WRNM detectors operate in a dry tube inside the reactor core. The detectors are permanently fixed within the reactor core—even at full-power operation—throughout the entire fuel cycle.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- Single, stationary sensor replaces moveable SRM and IRM instrumentation eliminating mechanical drive system
- Hands-off operation
- Continuous power indication for entire startup period, requiring no range selection switches
- Long-life detector
- Nominal lifetime is 1.2 x 1022 nvt, but operational experience at some power plants has exceeded an average life of 1.7 x 1022 nvt (or approximately 10 full-power years)
- Reduces undervessel activities, maintenance and exposure during outages
- Environmentally and seismically qualified, meeting requirements of U.S. NRC Reg Guide 1.97 for post-accident monitoring
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
GE Strengthens OT Environments with IEC Cyber Security Standards
Leading industrial control solutions now compliant with IEC 62443-2-4 standards for enhanced security
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.