Boron-10 Radiation Detector Modules
Dwindling Helium-3 (3He) gas availability has limited industry’s ability to produce radiation detectors used in homeland security applications. GE’s new Boron-10 based detectors from the Reuter Stokes product line fill this void, enabling continued investment in the expansion of the radiation portal monitor installed base.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- World-class research and development
- Drop-in Replacement – integrated moderator, detector, and electronics designed to fit within existing Helium-3 neutron detector moderator envelope.
- High Neutron Sensitivity – exceeds neutron sensitivity specification (2.5 cps/ng) in many existing Radiation Portal Monitor designs.
- Excellent Gamma Discrimination – meets intrinsic efficiency and GARRn specification when exposed to gamma radiation up to 100 mR/h.
- Integrated Electronics – environmentally sealed, analog or digital output.
- A USB port is available to monitor HV power supply, discriminator setting, current consumption and temperature.
- Built-in Quality – incorporates many of the design features of today’s helium-3
- GE has decades of experience in designing and manufacturing Boron-10 lined detectors. Many have been used in nuclear reactors where our detectors accurately measure neutron levels under the extreme radiation conditions prevalent to the reactor.
- Our Boron-10 Neutron detection module leverages many of the attributes of the proven, highly reliable Helium-3 detectors deployed today. The result―A neutron detection module that is accurate and reliable, even under the harshest operating conditions.
|Boron 10 Neutron Detection Module Brochure 1 MB||English|
|RS Boron-10 Lined Proportional Counter 202 KB||English|
|Hearing Charter US Government Committee on Science Technology 25 KB||English|
|Testimony US Government Committee on Science Technology 87 KB||English|
1-4 of 4
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Launches the TransPort® PT900 Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Clamp-On Meter Offers Improved Ease of Use, Durability and Low Cost of Ownership
BILLERICA, MA – March 30, 2017 ...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.