GE Measurement & Control India launches "x|pipe BT"
- GE takes yet another step to strengthen its ‘in India, for India’ offerings.
- Launches x| pipe BT which provides comprehensive, high-throughput x-ray inspection capability for boiler tube welds thus enhancing the availability of thermal power plants.
NEW DELHI, INDIA - December, 2012 - In line with the strategy of developing technology and products customized to Indian requirements, GE (NYSE: GE) Measurement & Control India launched “x|pipe BT”. This is an inline radioscopic system for detecting the defects in boiler tube welds.
By effectively detecting the weld defects during the boiler tube manufacturing stage, X|pipe BT reduces power plant’s downtime.
Digital Radioscopic Inspection brings higher productivity and cost savings over traditional film radiography. And by using radioscopic inspection system such a GE’s x|pipe BT, there are many other benefits that end-users can gain such as greater efficiency, computer-aided image interpretation and the ability to conveniently archive, share and retrieve images.
Key features and benefits:
- Small footprint and motorized solution, capable of producing high quality weld images.
- Provides a complete solution using GE’s DXR250RT digital detector array and Isovolt Titan E x-ray generator tube imaging chain, integrated with a protection cabinet and manipulation for inline inspection of butt welded boiler tubes.
- Features a sophisticated data management system through GE's Rhythm software, handling data acquisition, image review and interpretation, as well as reporting, long-term archive, and retrieval.
Ashish Bhandari, Regional General Manager, GE Measurement & Control India said, "The launch of x|pipe BT is reflective of GE’s world-class manufacturing capabilities, efficient resources and localization efforts within India. In addition, this is another significant step towards achieving our business goal of being the premier provider of industrial healthcare for our customers' most critical assets and systems in India".
GE Measurement & Control is a leading innovator in sensor-based measurement, inspection, asset condition monitoring, controls and radiation measurement solutions that deliver accuracy, productivity and safety to customers in a wide range of industries, including oil & gas, power generation, aerospace, transportation and healthcare. The business is part of GE Oil & Gas and has more than 40 facilities in 25 countries worldwide.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.