OptiComp™ BN Compressor Control Suite
OptiComp™ BN is an enhanced option to GE’s existing OptiComp compressor control software suite. It combines OptiComp features with GE's Bently Nevada product line vibration monitoring for improved surge prevention and detection. OptiComp BN integrates axial and radial vibration characteristics into GE’s surge protection strategy.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- Reliable indication of compressor surging, with the possibility to gauge the severity of a surge
- Vibration frequency filtered to detect onset of rotating stall (incipient surge), which precedes full surge
- Detection of varying conditions around or during a surge cycle, such as sudden and large changes in axial rotor displacement within a defined window, and vibration characteristics (i.e., radial vibration) and thermodynamic measurements (i.e., pressure, flow, temperature) to improve detection of compressor instability and identify “rotating stall" - a precursor to surge
- Provides an alarm when rotating stall characteristics are detected in the normal operating range, typically within 10% from the surge limit line as defined in the anti-surge control system
- Responses to detection of characteristics in the normal operating range can be configured, based on user preference, to automatically take protective action
- Counts surge cycles and analyzes data to determine results of the surge
- Utilizes process measurements that are readily available in most compressor installations, with no additional instrumentation required
|OptiComp BN Fact Sheet 634 KB||English|
|OptiComp Compressor Control Experience Fact Sheet 762 KB||English|
|OptiComp Integrated Compressor Control Suite Brochure 1 MB||English|
|OptiComp Compressor Control Case Study - North America 229 KB||English|
1-4 of 4
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
GE Strengthens OT Environments with IEC Cyber Security Standards
Leading industrial control solutions now compliant with IEC 62443-2-4 standards for enhanced security
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.