CL5 Handheld Thickness Gauge
The CL5 is used for precise thickness measurements of metal, steel and plastic components whose complex geometry often makes them difficult to inspect with conventional gauges. It's is able to display the ultrasonic response in real-time by using the optional live A-scan to properly align the transducer and verify the accuracy of the test as components become more complex in shape. The user-friendly design of the CL5 provides intuitive operation, with easy to understand on-screen prompts, with no need for dedicated keys.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- Data management provided through an optional programmable data recorder, using a standard SD card
- Enhanced measurement performance resulting in highly stable and repeatable readings
- Snapshot A-Scan on all models for probe alignment and data control
- Rugged housing, environmentally sealed to be used almost everywhere
- Flexible power supply with 3 standard “AA” batteries or one-Lithium-Poly battery pack (rechargeable in the instrument)
- Operating temperature range from -10°C up to 60°C
- Hollow / Filled thickness digits indicating coupling status
- Visual LED alarm for High and Low limit
- Customer parameter set ups for special configurations and quick instrument configuration
- Multi-language user interface
- Automatic control of ultrasonic parameters (gain and gate controls)
- Six different measurement and display modes for application specific operation
- Wide variety of contact and delay line probes
- Optional Live A-Scan and Programmable Data Recorder with SD memory card
- Optional velocity mode for sound velocity determination
- The instrument can be held in one hand or placed on flat workpieces, making the CL5 a compact way to test your material for the required thickness or checking for sheet corrosion.
The CL5 is an easy-to-use precision thickness measuring solution for components used in the automotive and aerospace industries, such as:
- Cast and stamped metal components made of aluminum, steel, copper, bronze
- Machined workpieces
- Chemically milled components
- Metal strips, metal plates
- Plastics and composites
|CL5 Brochure 219 KB||English|
|CL5 Brochure 356 KB||French|
|CL5 Brochure 399 KB||German|
|CL5 Brochure 711 KB||Japanese|
|CL5 Brochure 393 KB||Spanish|
|Corrosion Erosion Brochure 1 MB||English|
|Corrosion Erosion Brochure 321 KB||Russian|
|Inspection Technologies Brochure 3 MB||English|
|Inspection Technologies Brochure 5 MB||German|
|Inspection Technologies Brochure 4 MB||Spanish|
|Thickness Gage Overview Brochure 222 KB||English|
|Thickness Gage Overview Brochure 303 KB||French|
|Thickness Gage Overview Brochure 227 KB||German|
|Thickness Gage Overview Brochure 101 KB||Russian|
1-10 of 14
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Launches the TransPort® PT900 Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Clamp-On Meter Offers Improved Ease of Use, Durability and Low Cost of Ownership
BILLERICA, MA – March 30, 2017 ...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.