PALM Flat Scanner for General UT Weld Inspection
The PALM Flat Scanner - part of the PALM Scanner family - is a versatile and ergonomic UT inspection tool featuring an integrated encoder and magnetic wheels, allowing vertical and overhead operation. The scanner can be used on diameters larger than 90 mm for circumferential scanning and 200 mm for axial scanning.
The PALM Flat Scanner circumferentially inspects pipes of diameters from 90 mm (3.5”) outer diameter to flat and inner diameters down to 250 mm (10”). The minimum diameter of axial scanning is 200 mm. The tools can carry probes upto the size of 70 mm (length) x 50 mm (width) to suit any inspection procedure regardless of tube thickness, material or acceptance criteria.
The PALM Flat Scanner is delivered with a wide selection of accessories in order to make inspection and/or equipment handling even simpler. With other types of probes, the PALM Flat Scanner has the potential to solve many other applications as well.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- Compact, rigid, lightweight and robust (IP67, stainless)
- Low profile to pass clearances as low as 30 mm (1.2”) dependent on probe
- Reproducible adjustment of the probe position based on an integrated ruler
- Adaptive to various probes and wedges
- Integrated robust encoder, which can easily be replaced by the operator
- Spring-loading and gimbaling of probes
- Magnetic wheels to stick to tube and for straight guiding
- Manual brake for hand-free locking at any position
- Easy switching from axial to circumferential direction and back
- Operatable by a single person
- Easy to set up
- CE compliant
|Palm Flat Scanner Data Sheet (English) 872 KB||English|
1-1 of 1
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Launches the TransPort® PT900 Portable Ultrasonic Flow Meter
Clamp-On Meter Offers Improved Ease of Use, Durability and Low Cost of Ownership
BILLERICA, MA – March 30, 2017 ...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.