GE Announces Controls LifeCareGE Announces Controls LifeCare 288 KB
A Complete Lifecycle Management Partnership
LONGMONT, CO - May 21, 2015 - GE’s (NYSE: GE) Measurement and Control today announced Controls LifeCare, a lifecycle subscription offering that helps maintain the health of turbine and plant control, generator control and static starter systems.
This subscription-based offering includes parts availability and replacement, 24/7 phone technical support, software updates and ControlST upgrades, and an annual visit from a Controls Field Engineer (FE) and ControlsCare Service Manager. Applicable for use with GE’s latest products, including the Mark VIe, EX2100e, and the LS2100e, Controls LifeCare provides customizable options that can be added to the service based on subscriber needs. ControlST upgrades are available for sites using the Mark VIe.
Subscribers benefit from GE expertise and a true partnership in the maintenance and servicing of control systems with this simple, packaged approach. Additional benefits include:
- The subscription-based model simplifies customer’s procurement process for a variety of control system needs.
- The complete asset management partnership means GE expertise is available as needed through the year.
- It has the potential to make way for reduced financial uncertainty resulting from possible future Technical Information Letters (TILs) and parts failures.
Several new features offered with Controls LifeCare include:
- Replacement of any covered part by GE at no additional charge. Parts include full warranty and inventory will be maintained and shipped by GE on request.
- Annual visit from Field Engineer and ControlsCare Service manager that includes 16 hours onsite for complete servicing per Health Check manual recommendations, obsolescence risk assessment and operability review.
- Implementation of controls-related hardware and software TILs applicable to Mark VIe, EX2100e and LS2100e during the annual site visit.
Five and ten-year subscriptions, as well as subscriptions on currently installed units, include ControlST* upgrades. A ten-year subscription also includes an HMI upgrade.
“Maintaining the health of turbines, generators and equipment is critical to sustaining effective plant operations,” said Terry Knight, General Manager of Control Solutions in GE’s Measurement & Control business. “Controls LifeCare provides plant operators with the support and tools necessary to avoid unnecessary equipment failures and downtime.”
GE (NYSE: GE) imagines things others don’t, builds things others can’t and delivers outcomes that make the world work better. GE brings together the physical and digital worlds in ways no other company can. In its labs and factories and on the ground with customers, GE is inventing the next industrial era to move, power, build and cure the world. www.ge.com
About GE Measurement & Control
GE Measurement & Control is a leading innovator in advanced software and services; sensor-based measurement; non-destructive testing and inspection; flow and process control; turbine, generator and plant controls; and condition monitoring. Providing for the industrial health of our customers’ most critical assets, we deliver accuracy, productivity, predictive maintenance, and safety to a wide range of industries, including oil & gas, power generation, aerospace, metals and transportation. Through our advanced approach to connecting intelligent machines, big data and analytics, we help our customers navigate complex operations, tighter regulations and a growing skills gap; while improving asset and operational performance – ultimately driving better business outcomes. Headquartered in Boston, USA, Measurement & Control has more than 40 facilities in 25 countries and is part of GE Oil & Gas. For further information, visit https://www.gemeasurement.com/.
For more information, contact:
InkHouse, for GE
Wenden Sie sich an uns
Kontaktieren Sie uns und erfahren Sie mehr darüber, wie wir die Zukunft der Industrie gestalten mit Hilfe unserer digitalen Produkte, unserer Software und unseren Servicelösungen.