Oil & Gas - Control Upgrades
Critical Cyber Security Protections for Large Middle Eastern Oil & Gas Company
A global petroleum enterprise and a world leader in oil & gas.
A large oil & gas company was prepared to address cyber security needs at one of its plants, but without an existing process or framework in place, the company was challenged to achieve compliance with organizational cyber security standards while maintaining full system functionality in the plant. The organization needed to find a trusted partner who could meet its needs in a timely manner.
GE AS PART OF THE SOLUTION
GE reviewed the company’s standards and developed base line documentation to support compliance with requirements. GE then provided validated patch management to fully test patches on the Windows 7 operating system through GE's Cyber Asset Protection (CAP) subscription and executed hardening of HMIs, as a best practice, to maintain system functionality. GE's CAP Software subscription supports operational patch management for ICSs and their associated networks by:
- Providing validated and applicable software security patches
- Minimizing operational risk by ensuring updates are tested in a customer-simulated environment providing potential adverse impacts
- Supporting reporting requirements with an up-to-date and cumulative inventory of applicable updates and their status
- Tailored documentation and process to pass compliance audit and ensure continued operations
- Thoroughly tested patches to avoid unnecessary shutdown or risks to operating system
- Minimized risk to ICS from external cyber threats
- Hardened HMI configurations to disable unused ports and services
Download Case Study
Wenden Sie sich an uns
Kontaktieren Sie uns und erfahren Sie mehr darüber, wie wir die Zukunft der Industrie gestalten mit Hilfe unserer digitalen Produkte, unserer Software und unseren Servicelösungen.