Enhancing Energy & Flow Management
Hoffman Building Technologies Teams with HICAPS to Enhance Energy and Flow Management
As an expert provider of critical airflow systems suitable for specialized applications such as laboratories, clean rooms and isolation rooms, Hoffman & Hoffman sought a highly effective way to monitor and measure campus energy usage and flow rates of steam and chilled water.
GE’s DigitalFlowTM DF868 Ultrasonic Liquid Flow Meters and PanaFlow MV80 Vortex Flow Meters were selected to provide a reliable and accurate solution for monitoring the campus energy usage and flow rates of steam and chilled water as part of the airflow systems at a number of VA hospitals across the southeastern United States. GE offered training for the Hoffman field team, and a dedicated customer service rep provided reliable production shipping schedules to keep the project on track.
Hoffman & Hoffman collectively installed more than 350 GE flow meters over the course of two years.
• Using clamp-on flow transducers, GE’s DF868 flow meters enable the company to measure flow rates or transit time through metal, plastic and even concrete-lined pipes without ever penetrating the pipe wall. This saves them valuable downtime and greatly reduces installation costs.
• GE’s Panaview software provided a quick and easy way to configure and verify the meter parameters, using a laptop computer, offering consistent and efficient setups.
• Each installed PanaFlow MV80 Vortex flow meter includes a built-in flow computer for measuring volumetric flow, temperature, pressure, density, energy, and mass flow -- all using a single meter.
• Vibration isolation is now possible through GE’s advanced design and digital signal processing.
• The ability to conform to MODBUS communication standard (applies to both meters).
Following the installation of GE’s flow meters, Hoffman & Hoffman was able to get an accurate baseline for steam and chilled water usage across campuses and establish standards for tracking and optimizing energy usage.
• With hands-on support from GE sales engineers, product specialists and senior managers, Hoffman received the timely support they needed throughout the project.
• Hoffman also noted significant savings through reduced installation costs, wiring runs and services support.
• The company realized energy savings benefits through the accurate measurement of both temperature and mass flow, simultaneously.
• Additionally, GE’s DF868 and PanaFlow MV80 Vortex meters helped Hoffman Building Technologies conform to the MODBUS communication protocols, allowing its control systems and hardware to communicate via the network.
• Hoffman & Hoffman cites the reliability of GE’s flow products and ease of use as a key benefit.
“GE offered hands on set-up training at their production facility for our field team and the installation and set-up was better than any other ultrasonic product we tested. When we needed help, the field support team was available and responded in a timely fashion.”
- Ryan Kerfien, LEED AP, CEM Hoffman & Hoffman, Inc.
Wenden Sie sich an uns
Kontaktieren Sie uns und erfahren Sie mehr darüber, wie wir die Zukunft der Industrie gestalten mit Hilfe unserer digitalen Produkte, unserer Software und unseren Servicelösungen.