Control System Simulation
GE brings more than 50 years in turbine control and design expertise together with an unmatched knowledge of the turbines at your site. With a virtual controller from GE, you can have an accurate and easy-to-maintain simulator that only an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) can provide. GE’s virtual controller software creates a safe environment for training and testing control system changes to help improve the effectiveness of your operations and maintenance processes.
The Virtual Controller for Mark VI and Mark VIe simulates control system responses in a safe, software environment with no risk to an operating power plant. It is provided with an Application Programming Interface (API) for integration with the overall plant simulator. The virtual controller exhibits exceptional high-fidelity in its simulation of the turbine control and its associated GE HMI, facilitating system validation testing, installation support, operator training, maintenance training, and ongoing change management.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- Provides operators a safe environment for training, and allows for exploration of optimized operations
- Provides a testing environment in which to review changes before applying in the operating plant
- Saves and restores initial conditions to quickly take the virtual controller to a desired scenario without having to maneuver or restart the simulation
- Supports scenario-based training for technicians to learn troubleshooting and repair techniques on GE controls
- Reduces control system commissioning time for new plants
Each virtual controller consists of four major processes that perform the following:
- Run the identical application code that runs in the operating Mark VI or VIe controllers, and provide high fidelity responses with machinery simulations
- Provide communication interface with the ToolboxST* to allow highly realistic configuration and diagnostics simulation
- Provide Ethernet Global Data (EGD) services in support of our HMI simulations
- Provide alarm services to accurately model the alarms delivered to the simulator from the Mark VI or VIe panels
|Virtual Control Simulator for Mark VI and Mark VIe fact sheet 1 MB||English|
1-1 of 1
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
GE Strengthens OT Environments with IEC Cyber Security Standards
Leading industrial control solutions now compliant with IEC 62443-2-4 standards for enhanced security
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.