Bently Nevada Essential Insight.mesh Wireless Condition Monitoring
Essential Insight.mesh is designed to address plant wide assets by augmenting your conventional hardwired permanent monitoring and hand-held portable monitoring strategies, allowing reliable and affordable condition monitoring where conventional technology has reached its limits. Wireless technology overcomes the limitations of conventional wired and portable systems - delivering the data quality, quantity and access capabilities of permanent condition monitoring at a cost far lower than fully wired systems.
Pricing available upon request
Features and Benefits
- wSIM* - A wireless mesh network node that supports up to four sensor inputs. Initially supporting vibration (dynamic waveform and static data) and temperature.
- Essential Insight.mesh Repeater - A mesh-only node without I/O ports. This node extends the mesh network coverage for broader communications but does not directly support physically-connected I/O.
- Essential Insight.mesh Manager Gateway - A gateway node that enables communication with other networks and protocols. It also serves as the Essential Insight.mesh network manager.
- Sensors - Rugged and reliable vibration (accelerometer) and thermocouple probes.
- System 1 Software Platform - As GE's condition monitoring and diagnostics software platform that is widely used across many industries, System 1 enables plant personnel to quickly identify events involving machinery and / or process upsets, analyze the root cause, evaluate the damage (or potential damage) to the machinery asset, and respond proactively to minimize asset downtime. In thousands of locations worldwide System 1 is being used everyday to improve asset availability, reliability and overall maintenance effectiveness.
Unlike conventional networks that require each device to connect directly with the host system, a mesh network allows each node to receive data from and transmit data to other nodes in their neighborhood. If a link is interrupted, numerous alternate paths are available to ensure continued communications. The network is also self-joining. As new nodes are deployed they are automatically detected and added to the network.
Each network node - or wSIM module - has the flexibility to be used either for sensor input, or as a Repeater to extend mesh network coverage over greater distances. This flexibility simplifies network maintenance and reduces spare parts requirements. Each sensor module supports up to four inputs that can be individually configured for vibration, including dynamic waveform and static data, or temperature.
ISA100 is an emerging family of standards for wireless automation and control devices, designed to not only address the rigors of industrial instrumentation and data reliability in such applications, but also to allow wireless devices among different vendors to interoperate. GE is an original member and co-chair on the ISA-100.11a standards committee and we are fully committed to the goals, objectives and adoption of this standard.
• Assures interoperability
• Provides instant recognition
• Promotes a key product differentiator
• Allows equal and fair testing
• Provides registration authority
ISA100 supports discrete measurements, vibration sensor waveforms, control, and other applications within the same network, providing both process data and device diagnostics.
ISA100 uses existing open (non-proprietary) technology and standards like 6loWPAN, 802.15.4 radio, and AES-128 security. ISA100 commoditizes the industrial wireless network so that end users can focus on value-added applications today and in the future.
For more information on ISA100, please visit www.isa100.org/isa100.
|Essential Insight.mesh Brochure 519 KB||English|
|Essential Insight.mesh Datasheet 1001 KB||English|
|Shell Testimonial - Ormen Lange Norway Complex 80 KB||English|
|Perpetua Power Puck Energy Harvesters Fact Sheet 74 KB||English|
|Bently Nevada Essential Insight.mesh Wireless Condition Monitoring - Japanese Fact Sheet 650 KB||Japanese|
1-5 of 5
GE Updates XL Series of Video Borescopes for Remote Visual Inspection
New feature updates to versatile, industry-proven utility VideoProbe™
GE Brings Digital Solutions to Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Industry
Mentor UT™ Improves Productivity with the Power of Apps and Live Wireless Collaboration...
GE Releases Advanced Calibrator and HART/Foundation Fieldbus Communicator to Provide Greater Productivity in Hazardous Areas in the Process Industry
Latest Intrinsically Safe Druck DPI620 Genii IS offers world-class measurement and calibration with ATEX and IECEx Approvals
GE Strengthens OT Environments with IEC Cyber Security Standards
Leading industrial control solutions now compliant with IEC 62443-2-4 standards for enhanced security
Looking for software, a brochure, or a manual?
Visit the download center to find documents and software related to our products.
Contact us to learn more about how we are transforming the future of industry with our digital products, software and service solutions.